This episode is called 5.1 … Because we had some technical issues on the first one.. Remember boys and girls… Windows Inside Preview is not recommended to run on a production machine 😉
Although.. The good thing is we now have to taste this delicious bourbon once more 😉
7:05 Most important questions for a rushed greenfield project
The scenario that we talk about is: a part of a company is sold, and a new environment has to be set up.
What are the most important questions that you need to ask if you need to do a rush job on a new environment (greenfield) ?
New domain names, new email adresses, has been taken care off… What about collaboration and document management?
- Talk to the (business) project sponsor: what is the goal ? What do you want to accomplish ?
- Stored data: what are the policies around them? Compliance / governance rules in place that you want to keep
- Make sure the network can handle the load
- What are the mobile scenario’s ? How can you help out people that are commuting or work on other types of screens?
- Building an intranet really early? With a communication site?
- What will be the training plan ? How will you handle user adoption?
- Migration: will you go with SharePoint or Teams? Or a combination of both ?