I just completed the “Microsoft Service Adoption Specialist” course on Edx. (with a nice 90%!!!)
As I have been speaking in the past about change management and getting your users up to speed, I was really curious to see what Microsoft ‘s official take on it was. And boy, was I in for a treat!
As an Office 365 consultant I think this skill is supervaluable to have: To inspire people to work in a better way, so they can do their job better/faster/ with less errors.
The course itself will take you around 8 hours to complete: 4 chapters with a 10 question exam, and a final exam of 20 questions. You can set the pace yourself, and learn the way you want to learn yourself. I know that if I write down everything important I learn the best, so I ended up with around 16 pages of useful information that I can distill and take with me for future projects.
Not only is this course filled with great information, the lectures referenced by industry leaders and links to awesome materials (like questionnaires, tools and plans) makes sure that you walk away with practical knowledge!
So who do I recommend this course to? Well, everyone who is working in the O365 industry.. It gives you a great look at how Microsoft themselves did the onboarding, gives you tons of tips and tricks for your own projects and great insights on how to improve your delivery to your customers.
You can take the course for free or spend 99$ on a certificate.
About this course
In this introductory course you will learn the six critical elements of driving adoption of your Microsoft cloud services to deliver value to your company. This course is applicable to any size company and uses Office 365 and Microsoft Teams as the example service to create real world scenarios.
You will learn specifics about the critical elements in successful adoption planning and execution including:
• Structure of a service adoption team
• How to create service strategy & success measures
• Communication methods for training & service awareness
• Feedback & community management tools
• Technical readiness elements
The course is intended for training, communications or adoption staff as well as IT professionals that manage an Office 365 deployment.
What you’ll learn
• Drive adoption of Office 365 and Microsoft Teams for your organization as example workloads in a cloud service adoption strategy.
• Write a collaboration and communications service strategy.
• Utilize the Outcomes Matrix to quantify and select success measures.
• Structure early adopter and champion programs.
• Work with technical talent to ensure service readiness and quality.
• Configure scalable user feedback methods.